Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bless you!

The more I investigate my upbringing, and that of my peers and kin, the more diabolical (and I have to use that word with my tongue firmly in my cheek) I see religion to be.

Particularly now, around the Holidays, it's a time where 'blessings' and such are heard constantly, and from a variety of sources--some of which are surprising. There are some genuine killers out there busying themselves with blessing this person and that, while they are shooting others. I guess their "God" is okay with those seeming anomalies. Actually, they report that "God" told them who is for blessing and who is for killing. By what means does one actually discern where this voice or urging comes from?

My answer to that question? It's a closed loop form of indoctrination, that's been honed for generations and runs extremely deep in the psyche of most people on the Earth. Problem is, at least in terms of being at peace with one's neighbors, that there are literally hundreds (or maybe thousands) of versions of religious brainwashing on the Earth, and many of them seriously conflict. So much for religion helping to encourage brotherly love.

I have noticed one thing, though, about the effect of this huge variety of conflicting indoctrination, all taught in the name of a loving God: It sure works for those who make money on wars and armed conflicts. Gee, I wonder if there's a connection...

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment